Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thierry Mugler Alien Sunessence Or d'Ambre Review

Wow, it just shows that awesome reviews do not mean that a fragrance will be awesome on everyone. You just got to try something before buying it! This was the case for me for Thierry Mugler Alien Or d'Ambre.

I used just two sprays and boy was it stinky at first spray! Sharp, acidic kiwi swirled with potent jasmine. It just wasn't a pleasant combination! The kiwi note was sour and not a yummy, juicy kiwi but more like a spoiled one :( It does not help that I do not like the scent of jasmine! A light jasmine note would be ok but this was too heavy! The reviews indicated that the jasmine note is not detectable, but on my skin it was very prominent.

A while later, I got the most excruciating headache. One of the worst headaches I had in a while. Even two tablets of Advil was not helping. It was the first time a perfume made me feel so sick that I nearly threw up. I had to scrub off the remnants of smell off my wrists...

Well, today I tried it again to give it a second chance. Used just one spray, and no headache, but I still just do not like the jasmine note which just never goes away. Even after the drydown, which I found tolerable and similar to Chanel 5 Eau Premiere, just had a bit too much jasmine for my liking.

So I will be returning this. Unfortunate because the price was soo good but still do not want a huge bottle of perfume that I find irritating.

The bottle is beautiful though! But it is not pink at the top like the photos in the ads :( It's really hard to spray, too-- there's a tiny flat square you press. I think the sprayer might be broken actually because a jet of perfume comes out.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...